Wednesday 21 March 2012

Hello foxy!

After taking some photos of tadpoles I continued on my forest walk. When walking in this same forest last summer, a fox crossed my path at a relatively close distance. She/he seemed very curious and stood there for several minutes looking at me. Alas...I didn't have my camera. I have since returned few times to this forest and hoped I would run into the fox again, with no luck until today. Unlike the last time, this fox ran away as soon as he/she saw me. I only managed to get a fuzzy photo as she/he darted off into the safety of the trees.


Foxes like to mark their territory, and for this, they use prominent places where to place scent markers or feces. There was a nearby stone that the fox had used for such purpose, and I thought it would be a good place where to leave a food offering of nuts.





No comments:

Post a Comment